Welcome and Thank You!

We would like to welcome and thank you all for taking the time and interest in our blog which is designed to allow everyone to stay abreast with everything that is going on with what is sure to be a very busy and joyous time in our lives. We intend on keeping this as up to date as necessary with the kind of information (cliche included) that would interest all of you. The more participation, the better, so feel free to ask questions or make comments and we will respond as quickly as possible. Both of us will be adding posts and responding to comments. I'm sure it will be fairly easy to determine who wrote what based on the "lingo". Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from everybody.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's A Boy! Mason Jordan Johnson!

It's official, Baby "J" is a boy! As a father of course, I am extremely excited about having a son to carry on the Johnson name. Obviously, Jackie is too, although her friends and family had her convinced she was having a little girl. The Johnson side of the family is especially excited because the last 6 children have been girls and a baby boy will be a nice change for the male cousins. I was able to get a little shopping done today after we found out the gender and as one might expect, the outfits involve drinking and MJ23. These are a couple of them. Look out ladies, there's a baby Kurt on the way...






3 comments:

  1. I heard this and thought I would share it...
    What do you think? Should we be nervous?

    "ANYTHING LIKE ME"

    I remember sayin' I don't care either way
    Just as long as he or she is healthy I'm okay
    Then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screen
    And said, "You see that thing right there, well you know what that means"

    I started wondering who he was going to be
    And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me

    He'll probably climb a tree too tall and ride his bike too fast
    End up every summer wearin' something in a cast
    He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass in a window down the street

    He's gonna get in trouble, oh he's gonna get in fights
    I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
    It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me

    I can see him right now, knees all skinned up
    With a magnifying glass tryin' to melt the Tonka truck
    Won't he be a sight with his football helmet on?
    That'll be his first love 'til his first love comes along

    He'll get his heart broke by the time he's in his teens
    And heaven help him if he's anything like me

    He'll probably stay out too late and drive his car too fast
    Get a speeding ticket, he'll pay for mowing grass
    He's gonna get caught skippin' class and be grounded for a week

    He's gonna get into trouble, we're gonna get in fights
    I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
    It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me

    He's gonna love me and hate me along the way
    Years are gonna fly by and I already dread the day

    He's gonna hug his momma, he's gonna shake my hand
    He's gonna act like he can't wait to leave
    But as he drives out he'll cry his eyes out if he's anything like me
    There's worst folks to be like, oh he'll be alright if he's anything like me

    by Brad Paisley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had heard this song before. I love that you listen to country on your own though, very proud of you. I wouldn't say you should be nervous, however, I would fully expect li'l dude to be as awesome as I was. With that being said I'm sure we'll have some pretty classic stories throughout the years. The last line in the song sums it up... "There's worst folks to be like, oh he'll be alright if he's anything like me..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree...as long as there is some of this grandpa in him as well...LOL.

    ReplyDelete